1. Take time for yourself at least twice a week. Whether you are surrounded by kids all day or co-worker drama, it is important to your health, at every level, to take time to do something that is just for you.
You can take a walk, read a book, sit in the shower and sing at the top of your lungs, meet up with a friend or just sit in peace and quiet for a few minutes. This is your time.
2. Be adventurous. You can be adventurous out in the world or right at home. It can be in the bedroom or in the middle of a Holi Festival in India.
It may be as simple as cooking up something you have never tried before or as intense as training for the Iron Man. Life is meant to be enjoyed and the world is a wonderful place to explore. It really is your playground.
3. Have fun and be silly. Don’t take life or yourself too seriously. You can get stuck in a trap of being afraid to step out of the box. Life is meant to be playful and no matter how old you are, you still have a kid inside you that wants to play.
Build a fort with sheets and kitchen chairs and have a picnic with your sweetie, blow bubble outside like you did when you were a kid, jump in puddles after a rainstorm, have a food fight……outside.
Play hopscotch with the neighbor kids and their Mom’s and Dad’s, have a dress-op party or a pajama party with friends.
Life is unpredictable. Don’t waste it by being afraid to play.
4. Daydream. Like the Comedy Channel on TV says….Time Well Wasted. Daydreaming is good for the soul, for the mind and for your body.
Spend a few moments in your Happy Place where you are safe, your favorite music is playing, the environment is perfect and anything is possible. This is worth a few moments of your day.
Being in this calm, peaceful, happy state of mind where you can be in your perfect world calms the body and releases those feel good endorphins. It can help your blood pressure, shift you into a more positive frame of mind, ignite new ideas and inspiration.
5. Release feelings of guilt, anger, resentment and any other negative emotions that cause you pain. These emotions are also key instigators in many health conditions that need not occur.
This is an important step and may require a wee bit of effort. But once you have made these changes, you will be free of those chains. You will be in a space where you care able to experience real joy in living.
There are many, relatively painless methods of letting these emotions go. You can try
– Emotional Freedom Technique, or EFT, uses scripts and tapping points on the body to release.
– guided mediation.
– body work to move trapped emotions from the tissue
– Emotion Code, uses magnets along the spinal meridian
– Psych-K, which uses cross-brain motions
– Neuro Linguistic Programming, or NLP, uses body cues and other techniques to release.
As always, consult with your health care practitioner to be certain you are not dealing with chemical or hormonal imbalances that can cause a negative emotional state.
In the end, your choices determine the amount of joy, wonder, magic, excitement, love and fun you will experience in your life. Create experiences that support you, inspire you, feed your soul.
And you will live your Best Life EVER.