Although the holidays are a great time for enjoying time with family and friends, it has also become one of the most stressful times of the entire year for many people. The holiday season creates more stress and anxiety than any other time of the year.
We feel it is very important for people to pay extra attention to their health during this time. One of the best things to do is find ways to have a great holiday season while changing the way we do some of the things that can cause stress.
Here are 5 great tips to manage that stress, get everything done and enjoy your time with your loved ones.
1. Do what you can in the weeks before Christmas.
- Cook and freeze meals, appetizers, desserts and cookies.
- Get your shopping done early and take advantage of online shopping as well.
- Get gifts wrapped at the store, set aside a day to get them all done or do a few at a time throughout the days leading up to Christmas.
- If you are one of those wonderful crafty Goddesses, do as much as you can throughout the year.
2. Make Lists. Lots of them. Here are some ideas:
- important appointments, parties or dates you have to remember.
- what foods you are preparing for the Big Meal and for any entertaining you will be doing.
- make a master grocery list so you know ahead of time what you need.
- of course, your gift and shopping list.
3. Simplify. There are many ways you can lighten your work load and still do all the entertaining, etc, that you normally do.
- make your pre-Christmas party an appetizer potluck.
- give gifts that don’t require wrapping, such as donations in your loved one’s name, homemade coupons for special treats throughout the year, gift cards.
- shop online.
4. Take care of yourself.
- get plenty of rest.
- take some time to relax.
- remember to take your vitamins and probiotics daily.
- get some sort of exercise every day.
5. Take time to have fun
- go sledding, build a snow man or hit the slopes.
- take a hike or a walk in the woods.
- take the kids to check out the neighbourhood Christmas lights.
- spend time just relaxing with your family and friends.
Wishing you a wonderful Holiday Season. Joy to you throughout the coming year.