With summer holidays at an end, fall is in the air. Yes, it’s time to start planning your winter getaway.
Your tickets are booked, dog or cat sitter is taken care of and you are looking forward to escaping the snow as soon as you can.
You know you always over pack your bag…I know I do….and nothing can mess with a great vacation more than a back in spasms because you tried lifting your heavy suitcase without watching this video.
Proper lifting can save you from agony and a vacation spent on painkillers snuggled up to ice packs and heat pads.
Watch this video now!
I love the Clean Eating revolution. It’s suits my lifestyle, my love of food and my desire to keep my body happy.
The tools and supplies needed to create great meals are simple and do not need to be expensive. I mean, you can go all out and get top of the line blenders, mixers, scales, etc but you really can get started for a few dollars. This is great news for you!
Here is a short list of supplies to get you started:
- an inexpensive, but accurate scale
- plastic or glass containers in various sizes with lids to put your yummy meals into
- measuring cups and spoons
- a good selection of herb and spice mixes
And that’s about it. Oh, and a freezer if you want to make the meals a couple weeks ahead. But unless you are using a bar fridge in your kitchen, you should be good.
Ok, now it’s time for you to get started.
The Clean Eating lifestyle is sweeping the planet. It embodies simple changes to your diet that are painless to implement, keeps you organized in your food prep and can be easy on the budget and the waistline.
Taking a probiotic supplement can have a significant impact on a person’s health.
There is no longer any doubt that taking a probiotic supplement can benefit health, no matter what age a person is. Science confirms this point with new studies on a weekly basis, some studies showing surprising results and unexpected benefits. But there are a few things that can be done to increase the effectiveness.
1. Limit consumption of refined sugars. All sugars, even those found in fruits, can have an effect on the digestive system. Because they contain many necessary nutrients and vitamins, fruit can, and should, be eaten on a regular basis. Refined sugars carry no nutritional value. These include soft drinks, cakes, cookies, syrups, alcohol, etc. Corn syrup is widely used in processed foods and is high in fructose, which is shown to promote cancer cell division.
While the human body is designed to metabolize glucose, there are no such mechanisms to manage fructose resulting in decreased insulin sensitivity. This increases risk of diabetes and weight gain.
2. Increase the amount of vegetables and fibre in the diet. Vegetables add many nutrients and vitamins that help the body fight disease, promote good digestion, and adds a feeling of fullness without extra calories.
When shopping for vegetables and fruit, organic is the way to go. Pesticides and herbicides used on food have become a dangerous, toxic cocktail that disrupts the body’s ability to remain in a healthy state.
3. Add Chia seeds to the diet. These tiny seeds from Mexico and Guatemala were once a staple in the diet of the ancient Aztec. They are packed with nutrition, fiber, essential fatty acids and much more. When moistened they develop a gelatinous coating that works very well in the digestive tract, slowing digestion and regulating blood sugar.
Victoria Playfair of Savi Wellness, a company selling a top quality probiotic supplement says, “As with any health supplement, a probiotic can only do so much. If a person is making poor food choices on a daily basis and is not giving the body the nutrition and support it needs, then the supplement may not make as big an impact on overall health.”
A staunch believer in feeding the body on mainly natural, unprocessed foods, Ms. Playfair goes on to say, “If, however, the person is seeking out hormone free, antibiotic free meat, organic produce free from pesticides and herbicides and drinking treatment free water, it does make a difference, not only in the digestive tract, but to the health of the entire body. Our goal is to help people reach their health goals by providing products that enhance healthy living.
We believe a probiotic supplement is as important on a daily basis as a vitamin supplement. People need to understand that they do have many ways to choose a healthier lifestyle. It does not have to happen overnight. Simply adding a salad a few times a week and eliminating a few sodas per week is a good start to healthier digestion.
Empowered living at its finest.”
Can you truly have harmony between your gut and your brain? The short answer is yes. And actually the long answer is yes, too.
Your body is a universe of bacteria, yeasts, chemical reactions and hormonal responses that combine to create an environment where you and your body live out each moment. They are the unseen, unsung heroes of our existence.
And although our brain matter is vital to it all working and functioning properly to allow us to experience good health, research is showing that the real CEO of our body and our brain, is our gut. Or more accurately, the bacteria that lives within our gut and the critical balance that exists between the friendly and not-so-friendly flora.
The gut is being called the second brain by scientists. Although they have known about the connection and communication that goes on between the gut and the brain for many years, new findings continue to astound scientists concerning the complexity of this communication and how it affects our body.
It seems as though the bacterial balance in our gut can affect everything from our vitality to our feeling of happiness to how many times we call in sick to work.
When the bad bacteria and yeasts over-colonize and take over our gut, it can cause our body to turn into something we barely recognize as our own. We crave foods that are not good for us, but feeds this bacteria quite nicely. We can experience emotional upsets ranging from simple mood swings to intense depression. We are sick more often, have a harder time fighting off infections, experience fatigue, cognitive issues, not to mention all the gastric and digestive issues that plague most of the population throughout the world. So what is happening here?
Essentially, our gut has been invaded and colonized by the ‘enemy’. Now don’t get me wrong. It is all about balance here. We do need some of those yeasts and bad bacteria in our body. It is when they have taken over and crowded out the good bacteria that we have issues.
Where do all these bad bacteria come from? In our day to day life we are bombarded by things that destroy our delicate balanced gut environment. We are stressed, fearful, anxious. Our food and water are filled with chemicals, hormones and antibiotics that completely disrupt the microbiome residing in our gut, killing off the good bacteria and supporting the bad.
But there are things you can do now to return balance and harmony to your digestive tract.
1. Find a high quality, multi-strain probiotics supplement that works well for you. Give it a good month to two months before deciding whether it is working for you or not. It took time for this imbalance to occur so it will take time for things to heal.
2. Do your very best to eat healthy and organic. Pay attention to where your food comes from. It is not enough to just pick up some raw vegetables, greens and fruits. Most product from grocery stores comes filled with unwanted and nasty pesticides, herbicides, fungicides and who knows what other ‘cides.’ These are toxins you are bringing into your body and will destroy not only the good bacteria, but cell integrity, increased free radicals and many other harmful things.
This goes for meat, as well. Most meat is pumped full of antibiotics and hormones to get it ready for our table. Look for grass fed, free range, happy critters. Or ditch the meat altogether. And it’s sad to say, but tap water is also filled with harmful chemicals that can kill off good bacteria.
3. Relax! Yes, de-stress, chill, let it go. Stress is our number one killer. Allowing stress to rule your life affects every single bodily function and process in a negative way. Once you have your gut happy and healthy, you will notice that you feel happier, less stressed and may find that life is a lot more fun.
i’ve been using probiotics for a long time but also realized that not all probiotics are the same. Savi Wellness Daily Essential Probiotics Supplements really do work and provides a solid 10.12 billion good bacteria per dosage. i’ve been fighting long term allergy issues with certain foods and one of the biggest things that has helped is by taking probiotics to ward off GI issues. it’s helped tremendously and i no longer have all those embarrassing symptoms that come along with IBS and food allergies. i can’t imagine not taking probiotics on a daily basis. this stuff works!
By M. Scales “mazz” (Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
Having suffered with candida for years I spent three months on a concerted effort to get rid of it – no sugar, no bread or wheat products, no dairy and very little fruit. Whew! It worked and now I am making sure it won’t come back by getting my daily dose of probiotics. There is a really high amount in this supplement so one per day is good enough to keep my digestion functioning well. Probiotics are essential, especially if you have taken antibiotics recently, or you suffer with any yeast infections. This stuff will really help.
This is a great product at a great price. Our experience with probiotics is like a night and day thing. More energy, better overall feeling.
We’ve just started taking this specific product and can already feel a difference. At our age, late fifties, the saying is true, “It’s a good day when the plumbing works like it should!”. On top of that we BELIEVE there will be long-term positive effects.
We’ve done enough research to know that our digestive tract/colon has a lot to do with how we feel and with our overall health. It is literally at the core of our body and everything comes through there and is processed there. This product helps all that out and makes it all work better.
So, even though we have just begun with this brand and company, we give it a BIG thumbs up!
By Kip Kaden “Kip” (Los Angeles, CA)
I’ve been using probiotics for years so I don’t need to be sold on them but I do look for brands that do what they say they’ll do. Savi Wellness brand does help with my digestion, helps reduce gas and is competitively prices, so I’m happy with it and will buy again. I also being a vegan insist on veggie caps which this one uses. Just wish they’d be available in a larger size so I didn’t have to buy as often.